For decades, investing in real estate has been an effective way of building wealth and securing a financial future. It is a unique investment option that offers the potential for long-term capital appreciation, passive income through rent, and tax benefits. It is also a great hedge against inflation. With the new financial year around the corner, it is time to set your financial goals for the next year, reassess your risk tolerance, understand any changes to the tax regime, look at the diversification aspect of your investment portfolio, and invest accordingly. In this article, we will talk about real estate investments and why you should consider them while planning your investments for the new financial year.
The real estate market in India
While the pandemic had worked as a dampener for real estate purchases, 2022 saw a marked rise in sales with a 68% YoY increase in sales numbers (Anarock study). Interestingly, the seven cities in the top residential primary market of the country recorded the highest sales. Of these, Pune witnessed a sale of around 57k houses in 2022, an increase of around 59% compared to 2021. Despite the rising property prices and interest rate hikes, increasing demand, the launch of new projects, and the decline in unsold inventory paint an optimistic picture for the real estate market.
As per a Times Property report, the demand for real estate, especially in the residential sector, is expected to rise thanks to a strong foundation that includes increased business activity, reliable job markets, and higher income levels.
Benefits of investing in real estate
Here is a quick look at the benefits of investing in real estate:
- A reliable stream of cash flow
- Potential for capital appreciation
- Tax benefits
- A low correlation to other asset classes makes it ideal for portfolio diversification
- A hedge against inflation
- Better control over your investment
- Availability of hassle-free home loans
Why should you invest in real estate at the start of the financial year?
There is no denying the fact that real estate investments are wealth creators. Add to it the fact that they can generate regular income via rents and hedge against inflation, every individual should consider investing in property. If you have made up your mind about buying a house, then here are some reasons why you should plan it at the start of the coming financial year.
- Tax benefits: When you buy a house by availing of a home loan, you get various tax benefits. These include tax deductions for repaying the principal and interest of the home loan, buying a house under the affordable housing category, and additional deduction of the interest paid on the home loan for first-time homebuyers. Buying a house at the start of the financial year allows you to plan your taxes and get the maximum tax benefits on your loan repayments.
- Market conditions: Usually, at the turn of the financial year, markets are favorable for real estate investments. Traditionally, this is a time when the prices are not peaking and buyers have options to choose from. Make sure that you research the market and talk to a professional to assess market conditions before making the purchase.
- Planning and budgeting: When you buy a house at the start of the financial year, you get adequate time to budget for the year ahead. April is the month when most people lay out investment and tax-saving goals. Buying a house takes care of both these needs and helps you generate wealth over time.
- Availability of loans: In the new financial year, many lending institutions have renewed annual budgets and are looking for borrowers to offer loans to. Hence, it can be a good time to get a home loan at favorable rates and terms.
If you are looking to invest in real estate in Pune, then you will be overwhelmed with the number of options available. Before making your decision, ensure that you research the market and talk to an experienced professional. There are numerous factors that you must consider before buying a house. This includes the quality of construction, location, amenities, and reputation of the developer. In Pune, Sankla Buildcoon is a name synonymous with high-quality and top-class constructions.
If you are looking to buy a house, then you can consider properties like Satyam Niranjani at Hadapsar, Sommet at Bhugaon, and Avani at Mohammadwadi, Pune by Sankla Buildcoon. On the other hand, if commercial properties seem like a better investment option, then you can consider Sankla Buildcoon’s Satyam Business Court at Manjari, PS Angan at Magarpatta Road, and Jaymala Business Court at Manjari Pune.
Make sure that you plan your investments and seek professional advice before investing. Good Luck!